• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing for Windows XP

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having problems installing Flashplayer. I'm running Windows XP, using Mozilla Firefox, and it tells me there's a connection error when I try to install. I've restarted the computer, and obviously have an internet connection, or I wouldn't be here. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bekahp65270,

Please try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier in the 'Still having problems' section.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not work either, as I can save the file, but it does not come up with the box giving me the option to run it. I just need this fixed as soon as possible, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What happens after the file is downloaded and you double-click on it to launch the installer?

What service pack do you have installed on your XP system?

(Reference: How to check which Windows XP Service Pack is installed on your computer?‌)

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I double-click to launch the installer, absolutely nothing happens.

I have service pack 2 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found that because the file came from a different computer (Adobe's), my computer had blocked on suspicion of malware and viruses. It's fixed now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for confirming the Service Pack version installed.  The installer is signed using sha256 certificatewhich is not supported by XP SP2.  Please try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section.  There are installer files for different browsers.  If you use multiple browser's you'll want to download and install Flash Player for all of the browsers you use.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines