Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Commenting out code in TrueCode mode deletes code

Mar 30, 2008 Mar 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We used RoboHelp X3 and was trying to comment out specific sections of a code by moving over to the True Code view and commenting them out following the usual HTML standards/conventions. However, we found that when we saved the project, generated the file, and opened the topic(s) from the source project next time, the sections that we had commented out had actually got deleted. Could you please help me with this? Is there a specific way to comment out code in RoboHelp?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 31, 2008 Mar 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 01, 2008 Apr 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I began the earlier reply before I knew what I wanted to say).

Is it possible that when those particular lines are commented out, the result is a syntax error in the remaining html or js code?

Also, consider that html and js code techniques have come a long way since X3. Maybe your code is technically correct now, but X3 doesn't know it.

Good luck.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 02, 2008 Apr 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Are you inserting <!-- before the content and --> after the content?

Just checking...

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp