• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get Adobe Digital Editions to work on my Macbook Pro?

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE worked fine on my old Macbook to download books from Overdrive.  Bought new Macbook Pro, down loaded ADE and cannot use it.  When it opens, following message appears: 

Error Message: Error getting license. License Server Communication Problem. 

> Problem:

> E_ACT_NOT_READY

I tried Command+Shift+D and it does not bring up a window to deauthorize so I can reauthorize.  What else can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Hi Annie,

I would recommend that you manually delete the activation file as it appears that ADE is stuck in a bad state. Please follow these instructions:

1. In Finder, find the 'Go' option on the menu bar and click 'Go to folder' and type the following in:
  2. ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions/
  3. Delete the activation.dat file within the 'Digital Editions' folder.
  4. Restart ADE and it should be deactivated at this point. You should be good to sign back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annie,

You can find the Authorize and deauthorize menus on the menu bar at the top under 'Help.' See if you can select 'Erase Authorization' from there. Have you authorized ADE initially on your new MBP? It wouldn't have carried over from your old MBP. You might need to select 'Authorize Computer' or use Command+Shift+U.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to help, it says this computer is already authorized.  Should I erase authorization and then reauthorize?  If so, how.  I really appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open Adobe Digital Editions.
  2. Press Control+Shift+D (if should used macintosh used CMD + shift + d) to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
  3. Select Erase Authorization.
  4. Click OK and quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annie,

I would recommend that you manually delete the activation file as it appears that ADE is stuck in a bad state. Please follow these instructions:

1. In Finder, find the 'Go' option on the menu bar and click 'Go to folder' and type the following in:
  2. ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions/
  3. Delete the activation.dat file within the 'Digital Editions' folder.
  4. Restart ADE and it should be deactivated at this point. You should be good to sign back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As digital heaven would have it, I followed your instructions and would like to download a book from the library to check if ADE will bring it up.  However, now the library system is not taking my card #.  I emailed Overdrive, which handles the online library and am waiting for a reply.  Otherwise, I have to call tomorrow when someone is available.  Thank you for staying with me on this.  I'll let you know what the outcome is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines