• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New distribution page is not always available

Participant ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Adobe is planning to ditch a freely available distribution page for installers Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe , i have made an agreement with Adobe for distributing flash player in my company's network. After completing the agreement process i've received an email with a link (www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution4.html?auth= with a unique ID). I was able to download newest installer from that page once. But the other 3 times i tried to load this page it just didn't load. www.adobe.com is loading at that point, but this unique link is not. My browser just keeps trying to load it, but nothing happens. Wonder what's the cause. I need to update Flash player in my network as soon as new version is available for security reasons, so i need a reliable source to download the installers and i thought Adobe should be the most reliable in this case.

Also, when completing the agreement form i have checked a checkbox that i should be informed about important releases, updates. But i haven't received anything about the latest update. So i have to resort to checking that page manually (when it works). I don't understand why Adobe decided to close installers from the public access in the first place. But if you do it, do it right at least. Make the page work.

P.S. trying to load that link right now and it just doesn't load (this time from a different PC and internet provider). In the meantime public one loads just fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wrooot,

We apologize for the issues you are encountering.  Please private message me your distribution4 URL and I will forward it to the team responsible for this page to investigate further.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wrooot,

Thank you. What OS and browser are you using to access the page?  I'm using Windows 7 Enterprise x64 and the latest version of Chrome and the page loads fine and I was able to download a file.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 x64 or x86. Mozilla Firefox 42 (latest). Currently this unique link is loading for me as well. But it wasn't at the time of posting this and many times before. When it is not loading, the public one and www.adobe.com itself is loading fine on the same OS and browser combination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've forwarded your issue to the team responsible for the page.  They may reach out to you for more information.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. could you not mention my nickname in the post (there is nobody else to talk here anyway, this is a forum and don't have to be so formal as an email). Because Jive is sending a notification when a nickname is mentioned, so i get two notifications for the same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to access the page now?  It appears we had some server issues Friday morning PST from 12am-7am.  I'm not sure if you experienced the issues during that timeframe.

Thanks,

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is loading right now. But i tried not just on Friday. It was different days throughout a week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far it is loading from different locations. Marking this as solved for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening again at this moment (as i post this message). Not loading the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always do not have a download from any adobe site! Button do not appear. Youre lucky yet,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One hour later it loaded, though very slowly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking this page today it has loaded on the first try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2015 Dec 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great.  Thanks for the update.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 31, 2015 Dec 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried again just now and it loaded fine again. Maybe it is finally working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again and again this page fails to load for me. A few days ago, now at this right moment. Adobe has just posted new security bulletin. I need to update Flash as soon as possible and distribution page is not loading. For God's sake, Adobe, DO SOMETHING!

Gateway Timeout

The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

Reference #1.afdeef50.1455086157.20d489ae 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New versions posted today. Again the new distribution page takes ages to load. Then i just went to the old public page, which should've been decommissioned on March 1st and i was able to download new installers from there in a few seconds. And the new distribution page loaded only after 5 minutes. Laughable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this. Can you please private message me your unique URL?  I'll escalate this to the licensing team.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I received your message and forwarded it to the licensing team to investigate.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After i have sent you my distribution URL it doesn't work for me at all. It loads the Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe page and says i have to apply for distribution agreement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please private message me the entire URL, please don't include https:// in it, just everything else in the URL.  The forums software is truncating the URL when it includes https://

When did you apply for the distribution license and receive this URL to use?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've sent you my link. I don't remember the exact date, but it was in October/November 2015. Like half a year ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the additional information and I apologize for the issues you are encountering. I have forwarded this to the licensing team for investigation.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved. Received new link. Actually, my older link was just http. New one is https.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines