• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading RH 5.0

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2008 Mar 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are looking to upgrade RoboHelp software soon. We are currently on version 5.0, and will be considering 6.0 or 7.0. In addition, our Robo Engine is 4.0. Are there any risks and/or advantages for us to go straight from RH 5.0 to 7.0?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2008 Mar 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As with any software, there is always a risk in upgrading as you may well have done something non standard. That said, for the most part the experience has been good.

Take a look at the topics on my site.

What's in RH7 tells you about the features. At the end are some useful links including one about Before You Install.

Using RH7 tells you the issues found so far and any workarounds, plus information about practices.

Personally I like RH7 in day to day use.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2008 Apr 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
To add to Peter's advice, are you also going to upgrade your RoboEngine 4 to RH Server 7? I ask, because the Unicode features of RH7 require you to use RH Server 7. I do not believe RoboEngine 4 can publish RH7 client content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp