• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Patches and Updates

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2008 Apr 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I read in another message that there was an update for RH7, but when I looked in Support > Updates, I didn't see any mentionned.

We just did a department-wide update on two contenents from a CD over the past week. How can we tell if we have the latest version?

Thanks, Karen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karen,

Did you select RoboHelp in the dropdown box and click Go? The 7.01 update isn't mentioned on the main Updates page. You have to go to the RH updates page specifically.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click here. It's the first download on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question was "How can we tell if we have the latest version?"

Look in Help | About. If it says 7.01.001 you have the update. Otherwise the simplest solution is Help | Updates but if that doesn't work, then the links provided will solve the matter.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big thanks - interestingly, I just now received a popup on my computer announcing the update!

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2008 Apr 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to Help > About, it says "RoboHelp 7.00.145". And under Help, "Updates..." is greyed out. Does that imply the software is up to date and no updates are available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, as Peter said, 7.01.001 is the latest and greatest.
Updates is grayed out - I wonder if you have an active internet connection? Maybe the menu link isn't active unless you do? Or, have you fully registered your copy? Just a few things to ponder...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imarden - that was the condition on my co-workers' machines, too. The update was grayed out, which suggests that one is not needed. Now I work with a bunch'a sharp people, and once alerted, were very aggressive about getting that update, but had I not participated on the Forum, no one would have known. Also, I believe that I was the only person to get an update notification from Adobe - Note that all of our copies are legal and registered!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2008 Apr 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, to both Screen and Hugh, if you both have registered copies, and you are connected to the Internet when you check the Help menu, and the Updates option is grayed out, sounds like you can do one of two things. you can go grab the update from the link provided above in this thread, or you can contact Adobe support to find out why the updates aren't readily available to you. if you contact support, let us know what you find out so that others can possibly avoid that route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If "Update..." is grayed out, you don't have admin rights on your computer. I had this problem too. After I got admin rights, "Update..." wasn't gray anymore and I could get the latest version :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense. I wondered why when I went to the Server I could check for updates - where I have admin rights, but not for the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahhhh - of course. I just assumed that admin rights were in place since you need them to install RH successfully. So this possibility never crossed my mind!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the issue of not having admin rights solves what happened, it's still a big issue. In large companies, admin rights are given out sparingly (I happened to get mine by accident, it appears.)

The thing is that under this condition, no one in the user group would know about critical updates. Generally, the people with admin privileges would not be tracking individual installations.

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. It should at least say there are updates but you cannot install them.

Set yourself up to get emails from this forum. Someone usually indicates a patch has been released.

I have brought this to Adobe's attention.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter - thanks! And we'll be watching like hawks . . .

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2008 Nov 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone downloaded the RoboHelp 701 update recently? I went to http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html and downloaded "RoboHelp 7.0.1 update (18.03 MB)" but I got a file of 9013kB which doesn't run properly.

So here I am with my shining new PC and I can't use RoboHelp (boo-hoo!)

I reported it via "Send feedback"; maybe it'll be fixed soon.

--- Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek. I've just managed to download it successfully. Maybe try again? Could your firewall be causing an issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, it turned out to be a firewall issue. Thanks for your efforts, Colum. Sorry for spreading alarm and despondency.

--- Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp