Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmarks not working when used in TOC

Mar 31, 2008 Mar 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the WinHelp .chm file format not support Bookmarks in the TOC? I get the error message "This program cannot display the web page"?
Don't see this mention in the bookmark page in the Robohelp help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2008 Mar 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hardlyworking

WinHelp is .HLP format. .CHM files are HTML Help format. I'm guessing you are using the latter, as you are talking about bookmarks. Where is your project? If it is on a network, that's likely the issue here.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 01, 2008 Apr 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, .chm output is the one.
It is not on a network or synched drive, this is why I was concerned. I thought I had read somewhere deep in the help files a caveat about using .chm with bookmark.
So, I have a .chm with bookmarks on a local drive.
When the end user clicks on a item in the TOC that was created using a bookmark, they get the "this program cannot display the web page" error.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gone through and found a few that are working. I wonder if there is a naming convention I am violating? I don't have punctuation in the names, spaces seem to be ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OK, this is embarrassing but I feel I should document the answer in case some else has tired old eyes.
There were colons at the end of the non-working bookmarks. I just could not see them very well when the red spell check underline was also there.
I have since implemented a "'no colon" policy at the end of topics, they are redundant anyway.
Which brings up the question, can I change the font size for Robohelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp