• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time to load on LMS

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created modules in Cap 8 and saved as Scorm and uploaded the zip file to the Litmos LMS

The issue I am having is that when the learner tries to open the module it takes a long time - upwards to 5 minutes.

Is there a setting I can adjust that will help this issue?

Thanks

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the size (in megabytes) of your uploaded zip file?

How good or bad is the end user bandwidth where this 5 minute load time was reported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

I know the zip file is 103 MB.

I'm looking into the band width.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is over 100 meg?  Well that sounds like the problem to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod,

Yes the files I'm creating are big. There is a lot of content and a large number of interactions.

The LMS (which is Litmos, by the way) says the file can't be larger than 500MG so it's well below that...but ok

I do have another question - if there are advanced actions in the file that are not being used, do they still take up memory?

How do you remove old Adv Actions?

Thanks for all your help!

Tricia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I keep ALL of my modules under 20 meg, and under 10 if possible.  I I rarely ever have issues with slow load times.  And if I do, it's not going to be my course content that's to blame.

You can usually find and remove redundant Advanced Actions by going into the Advanced Actions dialog and checking the Usage for each action.  If it is not used anywhere in the project, and you can't see any future use for it, feel free to remove it.

However, be warned that I have found on occasion Captivate will not allow me to delete a given action because I have already deleted some other object that was previously attached to that action.  So there seems to be a required order for getting rid of these things.

All things considered however, the size of your project is unlikely to be due to Advanced Actions.  And although the code for an unused action might still exist in the published output, I don't think it would be taking up memory unless called by some component.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As always, thanks for your comments.

Tricia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources