Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Training Simulation and Demonstration recordings

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2008 Apr 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!

I hope you're all well! I'm creating some training materials for our users with some practice sessions at the end of each chapter. On the initial recording select window it allows you to select multiple recording modes in captivate 3 but when I'm done it only shows the demonstration mode. This feature would be brilliant as I would not need to duplicate the recording for the training session. Am I doing something wrong? Why would it allow you to choose both when you can't record in both modes?

Also on the full motion recording is there any way to use captions?

Many thanks

Activision

Any help would be
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When done recording, only one of the selections will be opened (you choose which), but the others should be captured and on the "Recent Files" list at Captivate's Main user interface (UI). Are you saying that is not happening?

regards~
Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No ... full motion recording has no way of adding auto-inserted captions. Sorry.

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Activision

Note that Larry said "full motion recording has no way of adding auto-inserted captions.".

While Captivate won't automatically add these during the process of recording in full motion mode, you may still add them after the recording is complete. Timing and placing them properly would be a bit on the tricksy side, but they may still be had by adding them after the fact.

Note to Larry: My only reason for posting this was because I could see where Activision may have understood captions were impossible to have if s/he has already recorded and ended up with full motion.

Cheers all... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2008 Apr 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You guys Rock! I've been trying to figure that out for a little while now! Rick thanks for clarifying that it is possible to add captions, I assumed as there were not auto captions and I could not insert when right clicking on the board that it would not allow it.

Larry, you're right it does allow me to see the other version after saving. I never noticed that!

I have one more question but will post it in the correct category.

Many thanks

Activision

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources