• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tabbed conditional display in content area

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2008 Apr 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some searching, I've learned how to incorporate this type of function in straight HTML+CSS (as shown in http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/tabcontent2.htm), but I'm wondering if there is a way to mimic that functionality in RoboHelp with HTMLHelp output.

Background: I am currently using RoboHelpHTML X5.0.2, though I've considered upgrading... Just hesitant to install the Robohelp evaluation on a production system.

Basic idea: Say a product lets users control both FOO and BAR products. Both product types perform similar functions, but the procedures for managing them with the application are notably different.

Goal: I'm looking to add bordered blocks, like HTML DIVs, to any page where there are different procedures for FOO operations or BAR operations. One is shown by default (expanded). At the top of the block are tabs reading "FOO" or "BAR". Clicking on the BAR tab causes the BAR-related content to show in the block. Clicking the FOO tab, similarly, shows the FOO-related content.

Is this something that can be accomplished with Insert>Advanced>Script capability, or is it simply not possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like what you want to achieve could be achieved in X5 using dropdowns. One would have a button or text for FOO as a hotspot and the content would cover FOO procedures. The other would cover BAR procedures.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. One issue with the dropdown solution is that project management wants the most commonly-used platform to show, in full, by default, while the secondary or tertiary platforms are obviously listed prior to the actual procedural content...

I'll be giving that a try. I'm also trying to work with the True Code environment, which might be too clumsy.

Thanks again,
=MMike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Can't you put the default in as ordinary content and have dropdowns for the alternative. Suppose they want the ordinary to close if an alternative is selected. Nothing in RH that allows that. Could perhaps be done with some javascript.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp