• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ftp server not working??

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use ftp.adobe.com often to get latest Reader and other products from Adobe i use so I can install them silently on multiple PC's both at work but also at home i run my own home made Silent Installer when i reinstall a pc or test on virtual machine.

Thing is now the ftp.adobe.com ask for username and password is that a mistake or?

I also noticed the Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe has a warning about being shut down.

I hope its a joke.

PS. Sorry if this is in the wrong area problem is i don't know where this belong at all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Installing Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone with a answer to why they have a username and password now on their public ftp server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nimras,

The distribution page you link to is indeed being deprecated and replaced with a new page accessible via log-in to customers who license Flash Player, as the note on the page states.

I'm not familiar with the ftp server, and will inquire about that.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m_vargas

ty its where i get updates mainly for Adobe Reader especially XI for silent installation in Danish and English.

So not sure why they changed it as it been open for as long i can remember.

That License thing is that free to get since the normal page you go to is useless for someone like me who have several computers at home and also at work need it for easy updating and useage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nimras,

I recommend posting your question on the Adobe Reader ftp server to the Acrobat Reader forum.  I don't know where you originally posted your comment, but it was moved to the Flash Player forum.  Perhaps because you included comments on Flash Player.  Since the server in questions is used by Reader, someone on the Reader forum should be able to assist.

Regarding licensing Flash Player:

For the majority of use cases there is no fee to license Flash Player, however, there are permitted and not permitted uses (that also determine approval/disapproval of the licensing request).  Please review the Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe page for information on licensing Flash Player.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi m_vargas

Problem with this FTP server is it also contains Air, Flash and so forth basicly everything, the few times the distribution page been down i have use the ftp for flash, and when i am there to look for adobe reader updates i also look for flash so the ftp is or was for everything not sure anymore.

But i can try asking this question in Reader part as well.

Atul_Saini moved it from where i posted it which i thought was the right place due to it having to do with installations of all products and servers hence ftp i thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I'm not aware of distributing Flash Player installers via FTP server.  I will inquire. But for the Reader files, please do post to the Reader forum.  I realize it's cumbersome to post twice, however, Reader is handled by a completely different team.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines