• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot download books I borowed from a public library from my computer to ADE. Received this message: E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question 1:  I cannot download books I borrowed from a public library from my computer to ADE.  Received this message:  E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED.

Question 2:  About 10 days ago I did manage to download books to ADE but now cannot return them to the library.  Received this message: Error returning item.  License Server Communication problem.  E_BAD_LOAD_ID

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check Time, Date and Timezone. On of this are cause the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I check the time, date, and timezone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the settings of your operating system. If not know this check the help of the operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My operating system is VISTA. According to it, my clock is synchronized to the time and time zone in which I (and my computer) reside. I went to ADE and still cannot download books. What now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you taking further action to resolve this problem? Since the clock on my OS is set correctly, the clock obviously isn't the problem. Two weeks ago I downloaded books and ADE worked fine. Now it doesn't. The operating system is the same and the clock has not changed. So why did ADE work two weeks ago but not now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you check the Date and the Timezone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES. I did that the first time you told me that was the problem. But my clock and timezone are set correctly. If you look on the postings on the forums you will see that I am not the only person having this probblem. Two weeks ago ADE worked fine. Now it doesn't. My clock and timezone on my OS haven't changed. So why did it work then and not now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but i ask for Date and Timezone. Have you also check if the right Date are set? Has the same problem before even if it is normally adjusted automatically. The error has only one of this 3 points as cause.

If this fine check which time has the Server of the eBook-Download Server. Of cause its possible this server makes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE CHECKED THE TIMEZONE AND THE DATE AND THE TIME. ALL ARE SET CORRECTLY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then seems the Error not get. Sorry that ask to often but i try only help -.-

Do you used a Library of a other Country?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The library I use is located in the same province as I (in Canada) and is in the same time zone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you downlaod a sample file: Sample eBook Library | Adobe Digital Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked on the link you gave me but where do I download the book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the Link Download eBook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded a book from the library and it is okay. However, previous books I downloaded still won't download from ADE. I continue to get the message: E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem for me.  Date, time and timezone is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If other files you should contact your Library. Seems a error with the ebooks itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever was plaguing the ADE seems to have been cured. Today I have successfully downloaded other books.

I don't know what you did, if anything, but thanks anyway for your time and trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click on the link you should see several books.  Below each is a clickable link "Download ebook".  Just click one of these links.  In windows 7 the download box then opens asking if you want to open or save the file, click open and ADE should open and the ebook should download to your library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. The book opened fine from the website but it won't open on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines