• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is version 20 still beta?

Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm willing to update my environment to the latest version of Flash Player as per https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb15-32.html but seems that the Flash Player 20 is still beta (Download Adobe Flash Player 20 Beta for Desktops - Adobe Labs).

Could you please, confirm if this is still beta or not?

If this is still beta, what is the latest “stable” version that we can install to solve such vulnerabilities, since we usually don’t install beta in a large enterprise?

Thanks a lot.

Leandro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Flash Player 20 was released earlier this week as noted in the Security bulletin linked to. Please see Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe‌ for information on Flash Player enterprise distribution and obtaining the distribution license, if you haven't done so already.

Flash Player beta program is on-going with weekly releases, as such, we're constantly posting beta versions.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria,

Thanks for the answer, but it's still not clear to me, sorry!

I need to know how to solve the vulnerabilities noted in Adobe Security Bulletin with stable (NOT BETA) version of Adobe. I need a confirmation that 20.0.0.228 (IE) and 20.0.0.235 (Firefox) are not BETA versions.

The reason I ask is because Adobe Labs says version 20 is beta version (Download Adobe Flash Player 20 Beta for Desktops - Adobe Labs) and we are not allowed to install BETA versions in the enterprise, because BETA sounds like not stable versions.

Thanks.

Leandro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The version listed in the Security bulletin is the latest, stable, version that addresses the vulnerability listed in the security bulletin.  That is the version you want to install.  The security bulletin will never list beta versions.

The version(s) on the beta channel is for the next version of Flash Player, updated weekly and not stable.

HTH.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines