Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Finding occurrences' has encountered a problem

Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am getting constant errors with 'finding occurrences" while editing code in Flash Builder 4.7 beta. The errors occur while "mark occurrences" is turned on, but only affect certain variables in some classes. I haven't figured out a pattern to why this happens.

In details, the error given is

"An internal error occurred during: "Finding occurrences".

java.lang.NullPointerException"

I have no idea what started this problem; it seems like a bug. Anyone else experience this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 23, 2012 Nov 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also getting this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2012 Nov 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. The error dialog crops up once every second making it impossible to work. The only solution I've found is to quit out of Flash Builder and open it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround elsewhere on the web - just leave the alert open and drag it down so that it's 99% off your screen. Problems solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An odd fix for sure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

suppose you select BorderContainer then automatic search is suppose to mark all BorderContainer for you. Which is not happening due to this error even if you put the message box near a corner. So it is no solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5965602#5965602

or else,

Recreate the workspace, and manually copy the .settings to the new workspace if you desire.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5942805#5942805

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found one workaround that helped me. Go to your workspace folder and delete every thing in folder ".metadata\.plugins\com.adobe.flexide.codemodel.bridge"

(there were 3 folders: searchCache, SwcCache, swcCommentCache)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I could not refactor so I did as you said and after removing everything inside "com.adobe.flexide.codemodel.bridge" my unabling of refactoring, find, and autocompletion problem was gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines