• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dreamweaver templates

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Difficulty with relative links created in dreamweaver templates and bc system pages.

For example and path created in dreamweaver template will look like this for an  "../images/smallheader.jpg" or "../css-modular/modular-text.css". This seems to work fine when uploaded and connected to pages I create but certain system generated pages, i.e. blog layouts, product pages are not finding the links.

This would appear at the moment to be confined to pages where I have applied the template in the BC backend, as noted pages I create and upload appear to work fine. I have tested it and I can replace the links with absolute paths but this isn't really an efficient workflow to make sites portable or to work with dreamweaver link tools and required manually replacing all the links.

Is there something I should be doing differently to prompt BC generated pages to recognize relative Links in dreamweaver templates?

TOPICS
Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

That is normal, using "../image.jpg" to create a link will make it relative to the current folder, have a look at Absolute vs. Relative Paths/Links | CoffeeCup Software for a detailed description of various techniques to link assets.

Hope this helps,

Mihai

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is normal, using "../image.jpg" to create a link will make it relative to the current folder, have a look at Absolute vs. Relative Paths/Links | CoffeeCup Software for a detailed description of various techniques to link assets.

Hope this helps,

Mihai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines