Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Adobe Flash Player on Firefox

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I previously had Adobe Flash Player version 11 on my PC. Now I tried to update the plugin and I've tried to install Adobe Flash Player version 20 on my PC with Windows XP, SP2, 32-bit, Firefox and Panda Anti-virus. I turned off the anti-virus and it still will not install.

At first I received the message "connection failed", when I tried to install the downloaded Adobe Flash Player by double clicking on it. Now when I go to the Adobe website and download the Flash Player version 20, nothing happens when I double click on the downloaded Adobe Flash Player.

How do I get the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed and working on my PC to view videos or do I have to go back to the older versions of Adobe Flash Player? 

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 27, 2015 Dec 27, 2015

I have similar settings and the same problem on one of my machines. It may be because we're still at SP2 for XP. According to this site: Adobe Flash Player | Tech specs the system requirements for Windows XP include SP3 (see the 2nd bullet point for the Windows requirements). However, that page isn't dated, nor is the version number specified, so I don't know if the SP3 requirement was just posted for FlashPlayer v20, or if it's been the "official" requirement for awhile now. I do know that a pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please follow the instructions as per the below help article for instructions on cleaning an older installation of Flash Player and then re-installing it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

I would suggest you to open this URL using the affected browser (Firefox in this case) and check the status of Flash Player installation that you see when you visit this page. It will try and detect if Flash Player is installer and in case it is, then will also show you the version that it detects.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharad,

I opened the URL using the Firefox browser  and downloaded the uninstaller for Flash but when I doubled clicked on the uninstaller Flash file to run it ...nothing happens. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,

Would you be able to try doing a right--click on the downloaded file and then try running it as Administrator.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but Nothing Happens. I downloaded the Adobe Flash Player V.20, closed the Firefox browser and double clicked on the Adobe installer and Nothing Happens...won't install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2015 Dec 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar settings and the same problem on one of my machines. It may be because we're still at SP2 for XP. According to this site: Adobe Flash Player | Tech specs the system requirements for Windows XP include SP3 (see the 2nd bullet point for the Windows requirements). However, that page isn't dated, nor is the version number specified, so I don't know if the SP3 requirement was just posted for FlashPlayer v20, or if it's been the "official" requirement for awhile now. I do know that a previous version (19.0.0.226) runs on my SP2 system, so you may want to try and install that (though it is no longer the most secure version). I almost never run flash anymore, except on a small handful of sites that require it (and that I've used for years). I also have my flash settings on "Ask to Activate" on the Firefox plugins page, so I have to explicitly allow it whenever a site wants to run flash. Many sites want to run flash for advertising animation, so it actually speeds things up when I don't allow it to run on those.

I'm playing around with other settings on that machine to see if I can get the v20 installation program to run (if so, I'll post it here), but we may just have to upgrade to SP3 if we want the latest version of flash. I've held off upgrading the OS for a long time on that machine, and I may just end up retiring it anyway. For what it's worth, FlashPlayer v20 installed without issues on my Win7 machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 27, 2015 Dec 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem.....a number of people have this problem with Firefox and the latest Adobe Flash Player, when they click on the downloaded file nothing happens. I have already raised the issue here but have not yet had a response. XP SP3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Windows XP to SP3 and then I was able to install the latest version 20 of Adobe Flash Player on my machine. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem on my iMac running Yosemite.

A question for Adobe: How can you get it to work on a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines