Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webcam Microsoft Livecam studio is "occupied"

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My new webcam Microsoft Livecam Studio works perfectly with all programms. But if I start presenter- video express 11 I get the message: "Your webcam is busy or it is not functioning. Try closing other application that might be using the webcam and select it again."

But there is no application using the webcam, no programm is working .

I later can record a video with the webcam and video express and the project even shows the presentation and I can use all the features to edit, but not at the very beginning ( for instance to select my face before recording.)

Any hint?

Thanks in Advance

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issue.

To analyze the issue, I will request you to launch PVX in diagnostic mode and collect the logs when you close the app. Send us the logs here.

We will soon get back to you with a solution.

Thanks,

Soumodipto Chatterjee

Presenter Engineering Team

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I did that already but I don't know where to find the file. What will be the name of the file?

Greetings and thanks in advance

Andreas

Sorry again. I found the file: Named DiagLogs756414465925. Its a zip file

How do I send it to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Launch the app in diagnostic mode, try recording in PVX.

Do a recording. Once the recording the recording is done. Close the app. While closing the app you will get a dialog box for saving the logs. Select a locations where you want to save the logs.

The file will be in a .zip format.

Send me those files to analyze it further.

Thanks,

Soumodipto Chatterjee

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

as a told you I have the zip-file but no email adress.

I tried to send it to PVX-ProductionSupport@adobe.com but it was rejected because of no authorization

If you are so kind to give me a valid mail-address.

Tnak you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Soumodipto,

please can you forward me a mail-adress wher to send the file or another posssibility to send it.

Thanks in advance

Andreas Overbeck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andreas,

I got the attachment. There I found that you are using Microsoft Lifecam. But there are 2 drivers installed for the Microsoft Lifecam with different versions. So kindly if you check that a single driver is installed for your webcam.

To get a proper driver installed, go to device manager, look for webcam. Uninstall the drivers from there for your webcam. Then you can scan for drivers, and the new drivers for the webcam will get installed. You can use any other ways to do this.

Once you do this, let me know if you are facing any issues. I have dropped an mail from my personal mail id.

Thanks,

Soumodipto Chatterjee

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Soumodipto,

I did what you told me. Now the name of the new driver is different.

But the problem persists.

Shall I do a new  attempt with diagnostic mode?

Greetings Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andreas,

Yes. Kindly if you can send me the logs with the diagnostic mode on.

Thanks,

Soumodipto Chatterjee

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It´s really terrific all the work you are doing.

I just send th file to the mail adress you gave me.

Looking forward

Greetings

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you send the files through dropbox or any other way as the mail has not yet delivered.

Thanks,

Soumodipto Chatterjee

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've sent you a ling to share the Dropbpx to the mail-adress you gave me: sochatte@adobe.com

Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

All it seems now is that your webcam is being used by some other background app which is running in your system. The app can be some camera app, some messenger app, skype etc.

Try to kill the process which you think can use your camera and then check PVX.

Thanks,

Soumodipto Chatterjee

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I start the computer and do not use any programm. I just directly start PVX and the message appears. And it is only PVX which "complaints". Furthermore later I can record with the camera which shouldn't be possible if the camara is used.

The message makes no sense, sorry, and it is a specific problem of PVX and the Livecam, other cameras work (but I don't use them because of the lower resolution).

If it was a systemic use of the camera this will happen also with others, but it doesn't happen

Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again,

I looked into the administrator and did a screenshot. No other apllication is using the camera. You may find the screenshot int the dropbox-folder. Very strange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources