• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Images into IMAGE Folder in Project Manager

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2008 Apr 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm fairly new to Robo Help 7, and after reading some documentation, I still need help with graphic images, please.

I'm importing many HTML files into my project.
In Project Manager, under HTML Files (Topics), I create several new folders, and import HTML files into each of them.

When doing so, I notice identically-named folders under the IMAGES section.
There are no graphic images in any of those folders, however.

I also noticed no IMPORT option for the Images section. I do not know how to put graphic images in any of those folders...or if I even can.

Can someone please tell me where, in my project, I can place the graphic images, so the imported HTML files will display them properly?

I'm probably missing something obvious. Thank you! Jd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

No need to relocate your images first, JD.

On a topic, click on the Insert Image toolbar button, or select Image from the Insert menu. RH will let you navigate to and select images from anywhere on your network or hard drive.

When you select an image (and save the topic?? not sure exactly when the image moves over!!!) it is saved in that images directory. it doesn't go into any of the folders, although that would be a nice feature - but you can move the images ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

No need to relocate your images first, JD.

On a topic, click on the Insert Image toolbar button, or select Image from the Insert menu. RH will let you navigate to and select images from anywhere on your network or hard drive.

When you select an image (and save the topic?? not sure exactly when the image moves over!!!) it is saved in that images directory. it doesn't go into any of the folders, although that would be a nice feature - but you can move the images to the right folder as they pile up.

Try it once - you'll see.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THAT'S what the trick is...the images all pile up into the root IMAGES folder.
I was looking in the subfolders, and didn't even notice the images in the root folder. Now that I've noticed them, I can drag them into the correct subfolders. And it appears Robo Help updates the topics when the files are moved.

Thank you!

Jd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jd

You will notice that aside from what you see inside the RoboHelp HTML application, there simply is no "Images" folder on your disk. Basically, RoboHelp simply presents a list of Images (key point ahead) it KNOWS about using that view.

The other folders you are seeing are simply folders that have been created inside this project. You see them in most of the views, because they are actual folders inside the project.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2008 Apr 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
When I import an image sometimes I just get a red box. But when I go into my image file and click on the image the image shows up fine. It converts as a red box.

Why does this happen and how can I import the image correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp