• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Intuos 4 cannot use ring zoom

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2011 Jul 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is a Wacom problem or a Adobe problem. But I'll just going to try anyway, before barking a wacom.

I seem to have a problem with the zoom ring. I can't zoom out, but zooming in and using other features on the tablet works fine.

The software I used is Indesign CS4 and Illustrator CS4 and Photoshop CS2. It does not work on any of the softwares, except for Photoshop (the zoom ring here works without problem)

Everything used to work before, but after the installation of both windows and adobe softwares... it stopped working.

Any suggestions where the glitch is?

//V

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2011 Sep 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll bump this.

I have the same issue, its annoying, but the only thing i dislike about the tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't bothered to bark at Whack 'em yet. I don't think they can fix it anyway...I probably have to reinstall everything inclduing windows... =(. Ah well... WTF...faith I guess.

You haven't fixed yours right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The touch ring invokes the keyboard command to zoom in, so something is conflicting with that keybaord command to zoom in. I have the Intuos 3, but check how your touch ring is set up by checeking the control panel for your Wacom.

Picture 1.png

After that i would look into your keyboard setup, are you set to a foreign langugage? On the mac it would be system preferences >> International >> Input. Windows also has a control panel for this.

Picture 3.png

Change your language to US if you are in another and it may work, as some foreign keybaord flip for exaple having to use shift along with the minus sign, to get the minus sign. Between these 2 areas you should be able to solve your problem, unless soemhting else is conflicting with your key command for zooming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good advice, I'll look into...

To be continued 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah non of that is helping me. I have discovered though that it works in photoshop and sort of works with illustrator (zoom out jumps straight to a full screen view), but just not InDesign (can zoom in but counter clockwise on the disc does nothing.)

Maybe its just an adobe thing. I'm using CS5 on a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, it's the other way around for me. It does not work i AI (it only zooms in) but in PS and ID, the zoom ring works perfect. It seems that you and I have similar problem. Setting related?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2011 Sep 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact problem in InDesign. It works perfectly in AI and PS for me, but the Zoom OUT does not work in InDesign.

I'd like to know what the solution to this is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2011 Sep 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*lol* (-_-) The wonders of hardware and software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found something interesting....

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3464484

Haven't tried it yet... will so when I get home. But for you and others... it may work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure I had the lastest drivers (6.1.7-3, running Windows 7), but I did an update, re-booted, and now the Zoom OUT works in InDesign for me.

Thanks for the lead on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2011 Sep 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine works just fine. I can zoom in and out all day long with the touch ring. Tested both AI 14 (CS4) and AI 15 (CS5).

Of course.. I am on a Mac and not using Windows, that may be the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2011 Oct 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated the drivers and adjusted the "zoom speed" of the ring. It works ok... I have to use swift moves on the ring in order for it to work properly. So strange...

But it works... more or less...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2011 Dec 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got off the phone with Wacom Tech Support... there are 3 things you can try.... 1. updating the drivers (didn't work for me). 2. resetting the tablet preferences through Wacom Tablet Preference File Utility -- installed with the Wacom tablet (didn't work for me either) 3. resetting your Photoshop (or other Adobe product) preferences by clicking CTRL + ALT + SHIFT imediately after clicking to start Photoshop (or other Adobe product).  You lose some of your preferences and settings, but if you saved the keyboard shortcuts, workspace(s), etc... it's not too much of a hassle to get back to how you like things.

EDIT TO ADD:  Forget what I said above (unless this doesn't work) -- Just turn off "zoom with scroll wheel" preference under "general" (edit > preferences -- for Win users). I realized once I set my preferences back to the way I like them, it started happening again.... that's what made me try any and all of the zoom option. I turned that off, it all went back to normal... even with the other zoom options checked. Hope this helps anyway looking for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Tygrtat! You solved my problem!

"3. resetting your Photoshop (or other Adobe product) preferences by clicking CTRL + ALT + SHIFT imediately after clicking to start Photoshop (or other Adobe product)."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the opposite of your advice after the edit. The zoom with scroll wheel was turned off so I turned it on and the touch ring went back to normal.

Thank you. Without reading that I wouldn't have been able to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to say that I had the same problem: bought an Intuos Pro Medium, installed the latest drivers, everything worked except the zoom wheel: it scrolled side-to-side instead of zooming. The zoom wheel zoomed fine everywhere else (e.g. in Chrome).

I looked at my "Scroll with mouse wheel" setting in PS and that was unchecked. Yet alt+mouse wheel still zoomed. Then I saw Iki Monokuro's post above.

I checked the box for "Scroll with mouse wheel" in PS and now my zoom wheel works fine. Pinch to zoom doesn't work, but I can live with that.

So if having that box unchecked doesn't work for you, try checking it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2012 Mar 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with an Intuos4 and Illustrator.  I went into the Wacom Table Properties selected Tool: Functions and then added an application (by pressing the plus at the right of the Application row) and selected Illustrator.  Then, I went to the Touch Ring edited the existing Zoom function and picked Keystroke.  You can then pick which keystrokes are associated with each direction of the touch ring.  For one of the directions hold Ctrl and press plus (like you would do to zoom in in Illustrator) and for the other hold Ctrl and press minus (like you would do to zoom out in Illustrator).

Pic.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2012 Dec 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just notice the problem also, I'm not sure how long I've had this issue i've been using my tablet with mudbox and sketchup and did not notice anything out of the ordinary with that software. Today I was using the intous4 with adobe illustrator and working with the pen tool/paths and kept noticing my pen mode switching between the + & - pen mode and finally realize it was the tablet ring that was doing it when I zoomed in an out. I've tried resting it by clicking on default and rebooting, but still the same.

I agree with the response, Wacom not able to fix it there help desk lately has been terreble. Yesturday I did the PS CS6 and AI CS6 update don't know if it was because of that. Last week my system got messed up, the 32 bit and 64 bit .dll were messed up, I couldn't launch any 64 bit software and manage to straighten that out and this problem my be fall out from that.

That being said, something is up with Adobe, I notice other stuff not working right while using the pen tool with just the mouse and hotkeys, I'm used to keeping the pen active while adjusting my handles by pressing & holding the CTrl key and that is not working like i'm use too, the handles don't show up, it's like I'm in the V mode and all the point are selected... this is very annoying and is slowing my work flow.

So, i think its adobe that has the problem, PLEASE FIX IT ADOBE!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work again, but I will only see the zoom level once I get my finger off the ring/stop moving. Then the display will jump to the actual zoom level. Completely useless.

If I turn the ring really slowly, it'll somewhat work, choppy, slow, but no comparison to the way zoom with mouse wheel works. Mouse wheel zoom is choppy, too, but zooms with every increment.

I REALLY WISH zooming would work as smoothly as with Ctrl-Space-Leftclick! That's awesome! Everything else is sort of annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gavsci wrote:

Today I was using the intous4 with adobe illustrator and working with the pen tool/paths and kept noticing my pen mode switching between the + & - pen mode and finally realize it was the tablet ring that was doing it when I zoomed in an out. I've tried resting it by clicking on default and rebooting, but still the same.

Hi, I just solved this problem. Simply change the illustrator shortcuts assigned to "Add anchor point" (which should be the key +) and "Delete anchor point" (key -), or delete them. It worked like a charm.

This problem is caused by the pen tool utility, which simply invoke the zoom shortcut of the active software when the ring is rotated. In illustrator, that shortcuts are Ctrl++ and Ctrl+-, which conflicts with the + and - key assigned for the pen tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2014 Jan 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this solution works for both Windows and Mac, (I have a Mac, but here is what I did to get my touch ring working the way that I wanted without using keystrokes.)

I went to Preferences and turned OFF the scroll with mouse wheel feature.

After this, in the Wacom settings I selected Zoom or Auto Scroll Zoom

and it worked. 🙂

many blessings,

jp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changed to key stroke (Cmd ++) And it worked. 🙂Screen Shot 2015-01-29 at 10.32.38 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For future clarity: If the Wacom Zoom/Scroll command is not working in Photoshop, the solution is a Photoshop setting.

Photoshop CC - Edit>Preferences>Tools Ensure that the "Zoom with Scroll Wheel" is ticked.

Photoshop CS5 - Edit>Preferences>General Ensure that the "Zoom with Scroll Wheel" is ticked.

(Please note that if you follow the alternate suggestions in this thread by creating Keystrokes of "-" or "+" that your zooming will happen in large increments and render choppy.)

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS Reido113!!!!  I removed the keystrokes, selected "Zoom" from the ring's menu choices and made the change in my PS CC preferences..  Worked like a charm!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines