• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are Some HTML Files Being Skipped

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2008 Apr 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. With Robo Help 7, I occasionally get the following warning, when trying to import an HTML file.

Skipped importing the file C:\Users\Jd\Documents\My RoboHelp Projects\CHM Archive\backup\software.htm.
It is not a valid HTML file.

It appears as though Robo Help has, in fact, imported the file. However, when I try to add these files to the browse sequence, I am unable to.

I have subsequently edited and re-saved each of the skipped HTML files. Doing this did not help; Robo Help still warns me they are not valid.

Can anyone please tell me what causes this warning, and how it can be prevented?

Thank you!

Jd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us how this software.htm file was created? The reason it can't be added to the browse sequence is probably because it has not been imported successfully even if the file exists in your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jd

Obviously RoboHelp doesn't like or recognize some feature of the file(s) in question. I think I'd be picking apart what sets this particular file apart from others that RoboHelp likes. Maybe the file doesn't have a Title tag or something similar to that.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2008 Apr 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying.

I make all of my HTML files with Front Page 2003.

I've checked the code, and a couple of files had redirect commands that I put in years ago...and forgot about. I removed them, and now those files are being recognized.

I'm not sure about the other files that are being skipped, though. I'm going to have to scour the code carefully to see if something is amiss.

I'm HTML-literate, so I should be able to spot a glitch...hopefully, that is.

If worst comes to worst, I'll rewrite these files in question. There isn't anything really fancy or complex in them.

Right now, that's the best answer I can give, as to how the files were made, and what's in them.

Jd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these WebHelp output files, by chance?

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Are these WebHelp output files, by chance?

Hi. You mean am I creating a WebHelp project? No...I want to create a CHM file. The HTML files I'm using are simply files I created in Front Page 2003 for my web site.

Jd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compare the meta tags of a good topic and a skipped topic.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2008 Apr 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having trouble.

I've modified ALL of the HTML files. Although this time Robo Help listed them all as successfully imported, I still cannot get many of them added to the browse sequence.

I converted all of the HTML files to PDF format, and tried importing them. They, too, were successfully imported.

But now some of the PDF files aren't being added to the browse sequence.

I don't know what to do. Is this perhaps a bug in the software, or am I just plain doing something wrong?

Jd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2008 Apr 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have had the same problem before and it turned out my html file name was too long. Once I shortened the file name the issue went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp