• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it standard now when updating Flash Player to be forced to accept McAfee Security Scan and to not even be told it is going to download and install? This is very disappointing if that is case. I didn't see anything on the page to tell me this would happ

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it standard now when updating Flash Player to be forced to accept McAfee Security Scan - and to not even be told it is going to download and install? This is very disappointing if it is the case and I'm surprised Adobe does this - especially without even advising me. I saw nothing on the site that told me this would happen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi..

The checklist is still there at the middle column as usually.. it just some times the page is flickered and/or not showed it (it was happened to me too), but even so you can still hover your pointer at where the checklist usually placed and click it to enable/disable the McAfee download.. and to make sure, you can see the description changed at the right column whether you enable/disable McAfee download..

Or you can get the offline installer from Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Distribution are for cooperate environments. this is prob the reason this page is going away.

The proper process is to run the uninstaller and then install the versions you need from the bottom of this page under STILL HAVING PROBLEMS:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_he...

It is all spelled out which versions do what.

or save yourself some time and get it this way:

Adobe Flash Updater download | SourceForge.net

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSA - Automated Silent McAfee Security Scan Plus Remover

Maybe that will help get rid of it, its an easy uninstall, but i understand the automatically ticked checkbox is a marketing ploy that so many companies are guilty of now a days. There is a checkbox in the middle of the page, you HAVE to opt out or you get that wonderful piece of shovelware installed:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines