Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing RoboHelp 6

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2008 Apr 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,
I am new to this so i aplogize if this is a stupid question...
Anyhow, I am working in RoboHelp 6 and have finished the development/authoring of my first project. Anyhow, I have seleted Microsoft HTML help as the primary layout. When i attempt to launch the CHM file I get the error message "page cannot be displayed" in my Internet Explorer browser. Any idea why? Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks,
Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send me £1M or look under Authoring on my site.

You have chosen CHM as your primary output but if the help is going to be accessed from a server, that is really the wrong choice. You should be looking at webhelp. Whatever you use, make sure your developers have agreed to it. The calls are different.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the fast response. Will webhelp generate a single executable file like HTML? if so what is the file extension? We plan to host the help system out on our LMS. Is Webhelp still the correct layout? What's wrong w/ HTML?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
No, it creates a structure similar to the source.

LMS = Learning Management System? That is web based? If so it is very definitely the right option.

What's wrong with HTML? I thought you just found out. ::-)

See the article.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp