• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Word docs from RH for Word X5 - out of memory error

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2008 Apr 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried a few times to import 537 Word docs (2,974) from a RH for Word project (RH X5 for Word, CHM output) into a new RH HTML 5 project. Each time, RH HTML "hangs" and I've seen "out of memory" at least once at the very end. The original RH for Word project has conditional build tags defined, but only one tag has been assigned to one topic, so far. We've never been able to build an index in this RH for Word project (it's mostly blank), but we've built a search and contents without problems.

Is an error related to Word? Is it a bug that was fixed for version 6? Is it somehow related to this fix: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb401651&sliceId=1?

If it's a known bug that was fixed with a later version, then it would further help me build a case for converting to RH 7, with the end result of converting the whole thing eventually to RH HTML.

Thanks,
Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2008 Apr 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I don't do much import but if you are trying to import 537 documents in one go, nothing would surprise me. Have you tried one at a time or a small batch at a time?

The bug you point to arose in 6 and was fixed so it is not relevant.

My guess is it is down to memory and that most PCs would baulk at 537 documents in one go.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp