• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why can't I download ebook to ereader now?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2015 Dec 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to download ebooks to ereader it comes up with 'no permission to copy'. Never had this problem before using 2.0 edition. Just installed latest 4.0 edition of adobe reader.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Have you digital Edition and reader authorize with the same adobe id?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2015 Dec 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sally,

This is mainly caused due to activation issue with Adobe Digital Editions.

Please connect your eBook Reader with your PC/Mac.With device connected and showing in ADE hit Ctrl-Shift-E (Cmd-Shift-E on the Mac).  This should bring up the deactivate device dialog - use it to deactivate your device.

Quit ADE, and relaunch ADE (with your eBook device still attached), and you should get a device activation dialog, Activate it and then copy.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I've kept this in case I get another problem. I went back to the book site and found in their FAQ that I needed to authorise with an ID which I hadn't originally. So I reauthorized. It took several attempts to then copy to ereader because it wouldn't recognise the Adobe ID I had - ended up using 3 different email addresses with new Adobe ID for each before it would finally accept one for me to copy to ereader. Hope I don't have this trouble again because I'll have too many email addresses to remember!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It wont let me "Cmd+Shift+E" on my digital edition. Is there any other way to deactivate my device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you digital Edition and reader authorize with the same adobe id?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I got there in the end-took me about 2 hours! Thought technology was meant to make life simpler but I'm not that good at it unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines