• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing Topics on RH5

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2008 Apr 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a new topic in Project however when I go out of the new topic, it does not appear to be visible in Project. If I then go into TOC, my topic is there ready to be added. I then have to move it back into the Project view so that it can be seen there as well. I have had Robohelp for over 2 years and this has not happened before. Robohelp is stored on our main server and is used through our network. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2008 Apr 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Welcome to the forum.

Do you mean the RH application is on a server? If you do, then I am surprised it has ever worked, ignoring the fact that using it that way is a breach of the licence.

If you mean the project is on a server, then unless you are using source control, that too will lead to all sorts of problems. Search on these forums using "Network". If it doesn't bring Adobe's site down, you will find many posts indicating this is not good practice.

It can work but one day something changes on the network and it goes bang.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp