• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Digital Editions work with Windows 10?

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Digital Editions work with Windows 10?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience suggests not, and I'm alarmed to see that Window 7 is the last supported version mentioned. My Version 2 gave all kinds of different errors when I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, so I downloaded and installed Version 4. This gave a permission error opening welcome.epub so I eventually clicked IGNORE. This appeared to work and ADE 4.0.3 opened. However, all but the most recent item was missing from my library. This showed as EXPIRED so I clicked REMOVE FROM LIBRARY and immediately saw "Adobe Digital Editions has stopped working" - as I did with Version 2.

As Windows 8 is nearly 3 years old, surely Adobe should support this, even if it doesn't yet support Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's four MONTHS since you first posted word of the incompatibility of ADE with Windows 8. I am having the same issue with Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: Right Click and start with option "run as admin".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2015 Dec 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2015 Dec 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines