• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a new computer and I can't authorize it for Adobe Digital Editions because my Adobe ID is still associated with the old computer. .

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2015 Dec 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new computer and I can't authorize it for Adobe Digital Editions because my Adobe ID is still associated with the old computer.    The old computer is not operable so I can't use it do de-authorize that computer.  I don't want to create a new Adobe ID because I don't want to create a new email address just to do that and my current email is already associated with an Adobe ID.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 27, 2015 Dec 27, 2015
  1. Close all applications on the new device.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is for you but I have a similar problem with my activation. I am activated and everything but when I try to get the books I bought 2 hours!! ago it says "check activation". So I can read them on my phone but not the (new) computer. Help and support is useless, I suggest that you check with where ever you bought the books originally and download to your computer if you did not at the time. Then, find another reader, that is the only way I can get to my books right now. Good luck, please post if you figure a better way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

My books are loans from my local public library and the required app is Digital Editions, so I need a solution that lets me access Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Close all applications on the new device.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor.
  11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - your instructions were very clear and I had success.  I appreciate the time you took to help with my problem,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ik geraak tot stap 6. Doch in stap 7 krijg ik nergens iets te zien over exportbereik. Ik weet niet hoe ik verder moet.

Kan iemand mij helpen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bij exportbereik staat wel:

1. Alles of
  2. geselecteerde subsleutel

En na de keuze, waar moet ik naartoe exporteren?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hallo sorry voor de verwarring. Blijkbaar automatische woorden

er staat:

1. alles
  2.  geselecteerde subsleutel

Ik geef het momenteel op. Het zou fijn zijn als iemand mij kan helpen.

Goede avond en slaapwel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines