• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE no longer recognizes checkout of a library book that I was reading on it only 2 days ago. "No record for this loan was found on this machine." It doesn't say where it looked or what it would look like. I'm stuck!

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to this issue, I was trying to figure out how to download books from ADE to my Sony reader, which it had refused to do.  That left me reading my library book only on my computer, unsatisfying.  This morning I tried something new.  With my Sony reader already connected to my PC, I started ADE.  That's when ADE first told me "No record for this loan..." as written out above.  But when I had ADE open and with the reader icon showing in ADE, I de-authorized my computer and re-authorized my computer.  Now I can transfer a book I already owned from ADE to my reader, but it still insists that I can't do anything with the library book because no record for this loan was found on my machine.  I did a fresh download of the book, and I downloaded another library book and it also refused to open either of them, even though the latter was checked out after my re-authorization of the computer.  There's very little that makes sense about this.  I would appreciate some help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the same eBook in Digital Edition without a error?
Have the eBook the permission to copy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will not open in Digital Editions.  I can copy a book I have owned for a while into the eBook, but not a library loan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you not used Digital Edition for the loan you should used a other forum to solved you problem. This are Digital Edition Forum. To answer you question should contact Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I have always used Digital Editions to handle my library books.  Are you telling me that Adobe is no longer useful for library books?  What should I use instead?  The library does not provide a reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you used Digital Edition, then please answer the question so that can try help:

Can you open the same eBook in Digital Edition without a error?

Have the eBook the permission to copy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines