• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jumping/linking to middle of a topic

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2008 Apr 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies for the plethora of posts lately - it seems my RH is having a bit of a meltdown. We're applying tough love in hopes that it gets its attitude straightened around, and soon. ;-)

Does anyone have any insight as to why when browsing or linking directly (via the F1 button) to a topic, the screen would jump to the middle of the topic rather than the title/heading/top of the page? Does it have something to do with footnotes or bookmarks or headers/footers, or something I can't see on my page but could move to the top of the screen, to indicate that's where a topic should start?

Thanks!
Kristin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your output is .... WinHelp? WebHelp?

H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My primary layout is WinHelp 4, at least that's what it does by default when I click the Generate button. :-)

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RHX5,6,7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH7 for Word and Word 2003. XP is my OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2008 Apr 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that no-one is coming up with help for you on this. I hope you have found a solution. You have of course checked the presence and accuracy of the header symbols - I'm sure you understand them.

I myself have no experience of RH7 but when it happens in RHX5 it seems to be misplaced/inaccurate hidden bookmarks. A trick that works sometimes is to CUT the text paragraph by paragraph, test the jump and if OK then paste the para back. If the jump is still faulty, delete the para and re-type it, hoping that the hidden error is deleted too.

Do you know where the .doc came from?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 08, 2008 Apr 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
A wild thought...

While it might appear that the topic is opening in the mddle, the link might actually be to the bottom of the topic (such as a footer). That is, if there is no empty space beyond the ending BODY tag, the content at the top of the active screen would not be the content being linked to. Got that?

As a test, open one of the topics at issue, and add a couple of dozen carriage returns at the bottom of the topic. Then when you link to that topic, what appears at the top of the screen? If it's the last line of content, then the footer is the culprit. Or not; it might be your developers using incorrect context-sensitive calls from the app. If that's the case, someone else would have to help you with the Winhelp calls (you might want to close this topic and start up a new one in the Winhelp forum).

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp