• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Map ID

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2008 Apr 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to RoboHelp v7. I have a help project that was converted from v6. I added three new map IDs to the project. Two of them worked, but the third didn't. Everything looked fine, it just didn't bring anything up. I thought maybe there's a bug in the new version where it has a problem with the last ID in the file, so I added another, blank ID at the end. When I did that, the topic that wasn't working started to work, and one that was previously working stopped working. Is this a known issue? Anybody know of a workaround?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Apr 04, 2008 Apr 04, 2008
Hi, kfielder,

This sounds like the same problem as the one described in the following thread:

1st row of ALI-file does not work

In short, there appears to be a problem with the way that RoboHelp 7 is encoding the map (.h) and alias (.ali) files. I believe that at least two other users have reported this as a bug.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, kfielder,

This sounds like the same problem as the one described in the following thread:

1st row of ALI-file does not work

In short, there appears to be a problem with the way that RoboHelp 7 is encoding the map (.h) and alias (.ali) files. I believe that at least two other users have reported this as a bug.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yep! That's the problem. (I just checked the .ali file and confirmed.) Thanks so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp