• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cfscheduler does not trigger

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2008 Apr 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a daily scheduled task to backup up databases to a remote ftp site. The scheduled backup runs once at the scheduled time (after the task is initiated or reinitiated) and then never runs again. The scheduler.log, coldfusion.log and application.log make no mention of even having attempted to run the task or a failure related to the task. Anyone experience this? Can anyone suggest where I might look for clues as to what's going on?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further post...see also the post by jkeenagh in this forum re: CFFTP. My issue and his "may" be related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always make sure that my first run time is at least 30 minutes in the future from when I CFSCHEDULE the job. Could be superstition, but it seems to work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The job is scheduled for 2:11am so I normally am initiating (or re-initiating) the task well in advance. And it runs just fine the first time. The next time it's supposed to run is 24 hours later and that's when nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you get into the CFADMIN to see what is going on with it? If not, then check with your host. SOME hosts don't allow cfschedule and some restrict it. I don't know of any that let you do whatever you want with it.
IF you can get to cfadmin, then you can see what is happening directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dinghus. In this case, this is a personal website. The server is sitting here next to me 🙂 so I have complete control over the admin settings. Was there something specific you were thinking I could see? I've checked all the settings directly in the Admin console, scanned all of the logs, etc. There's just no indication that cfschedule has even tried to run the second day of the daily recurring task...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2008 Apr 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
[deleted]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation