• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant reinstall my accidentally adobe program uninstall

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new laptop this past month...so Im still learning. I accidentally clicked on the uninstall programs tab and of course the first thing on the list is adobe. So now I have no adobe. I tried going to adobe's website, but I keep getting caught in the feedback loop (its already installed). However, I have checked my programs and adobe is not there...I do have an adobe control panel. So, how can I reinstall adobe because I can't watch videos or anything...which defeats the purpose since I'm an online student. Please help ASAP---I am freaking out!!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lhudson5002,

Adobe has many products.  Which product are you referring to?

What OS and version is this?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using windows 10 64 bit. I'm not sure exactly what it was because I just accidentally clicked it on my laptop. I think it was just adobe flash player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lhudson5002,

If you're using Internet Explorer or Edge browser on Windows 10 you cannot uninstall Flash Player via the Control Panel.  Microsoft embeds Flash Player in these browsers and it doesn't have an entry in the Control Panel list of installed programs.

If you use a different browser (e.g. Firefox) then there is a separate installation of Flash Player for that browser.  Launch that browser and navigate to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer and download the installer.  Make note of the location the file was saved to.  Launch Windows Explorer and navigate to that location. Double-click on the installation file and follow the prompts to install Flash Player.

Google also embeds Flash Player in Chrome, so if you're using that, there is nothing separate to install.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything I read says its embedded and that I cant delete via the uninstall programs options. However, I cant watch a video from youtube or anything else in IE but it works in Edge (halfway).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the feedback loop about active x and filtering. Both of those settings are correct. I also tried installing foxfire and it made the problem worse. At least now I can view a video in edge but not once I installed Mozilla. Then I couldn't even view videos in either browser. When I look at my programs (as if I were going to uninstall), adobe is not on the list. I can type it in on the start bar and find the settings but its not on my program list. I can't deal with the edge browser-I think its awful. So if I can't get this resolved, I guess I will be returning my computer to best buy. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Mozilla Firefox and IE/Edge user two different versions of Flash Player.  Firefox and IE/Edge do not communicate with each other, so installing Firefox should have no bearing on the functionality of IE/Edge browser.

Internet Explorer 11 and Edge introduce a number of changes both to how the browser identifies itself to remote web servers, and to how it processes JavaScript intended to target behaviors specific to Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, this means that content on some sites will be broken until the content provider changes their site to conform to the new development approach required by modern versions of IE.

You can try to work around these issues by using Compatibility View: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

To install Flash Player on Firefox, launch Firefox and navigate to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer.  Download the Flash Player installer for Firefox and proceed with the installation.

If that is too inconvenient, using Google Chrome, which has Flash Player integrated in it, may be a preferable alternative.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2015 Dec 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have TRIED installing google chrome and it will not let me. It just acts like it keeps downloading but never actually does it. I thought it was a slow internet connection, but I tried 3 times at different locations and nothing. I understands that Firefox is different, which is why I tried installing it but again believe me when I say it made things worse. Which is what I was trying to avoid by getting a new browser. Now, please tell me how can I install adobe so that it shows up in my programs list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2015 Dec 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you only want to work with IE/Edge browser on Windows 10, then Flash Player will never show up in the Programs list because it is embedded in the browser by Microsoft and cannot be uninstalled on its own, unless you jump through hoops to do so.

I'm not sure what you mean by "I also tried installing foxfire and it made the problem worse."  Firefox uses a different Flash Player plugin than IE/Edge browsers use.  If you still have Firefox installed, launch Firefox and navigate to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer.  The download page will detect the OS and browser and offer the appropriate Flash Player installer for you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said previously, I understand that you are saying that IE and foxfire do not communicate. However, when I installed foxfire and then tried to view a video (which I was somewhat able to before on Edge) in my edge browser, I was no longer to do so. I can't explain the issue. I don't know what is wrong with this computer or why I can't install Chrome. So, if I install foxfire and then install adobe for it...will I have adobe in my programs list? Maybe the issue was complicated because I didn't try to install adobe after installing foxfire. I didn't really care for foxfire because it came with several other programs (pluto tv, etc) and I don't want to deal with that.

I really just need to be able to watch videos for my online class. Edge shows that the page is loaded but then I end up having to refresh it several times before the content actually shows up. Maybe I should just go back to my old computer when I didn't have this issues with my IE and I had chrome. And return this computer until other websites have updated their content if that is the issue like you said in a different email. I don't have the time or the patience for this to continue to be a problem. What if something I need for school hasn't updated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to let you know that I ended up taking my new computer back to Best Buy. There, they told me that I should reset my computer to the original windows factory settings (of which they were going to charge me). I reset my windows (they were nice enough to let me stay in the store), and was able to finally download Chrome. No issues now!! They said that sometimes a windows update fails and that's what they think the issue was coming from. Thanks for trying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2015 Dec 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I'm glad everything is in working order now.  Failed Windows Updates do cause issues and resetting Windows is one option to fix it.

From your post on 28-Dec, yes you would have had to install Flash Player Plugin for Firefox after installing Firefox in order to view Flash content on Firefox.  At that point the Flash Player Plugin entry would show up in the Programs list.  The embedded versions in IE/Edge and Chrome do not show up in the Programs list as they are a component of the browser and not a separate installation.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines