Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to install a previous version of Flash Player on Windows 8

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does anybody know how we can install a previous version of Flash Player on a Windows 8 or 10 PC ?

The latest version 20.0.0.267 is no longer compatible with our softwares (GetVariable() problems) and we would like to replace it with version 16.0.0.296

The procedure for Windows XP, Vista and 7 is easy but I don't have a solution for Windows 8 and 10

Many thanks for your attention to my request.

Christophe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

It depends on which 'plugin type' you are referring to

1) if you are referring to NPAPI or PPAPI then it might be relatively simple.

2) if you are referring to the one integrated into the Operating system, then you might have to uninstall the windows update as those are pushed out by Microsoft, however if you are on home version of Windows 10 then that update will be forced back down with you having no control unless you literally jump through hoops to prevent it.

3) if you have no idea which versi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on which 'plugin type' you are referring to

1) if you are referring to NPAPI or PPAPI then it might be relatively simple.

2) if you are referring to the one integrated into the Operating system, then you might have to uninstall the windows update as those are pushed out by Microsoft, however if you are on home version of Windows 10 then that update will be forced back down with you having no control unless you literally jump through hoops to prevent it.

3) if you have no idea which version, then i suggest you run this official adobe uninstaller on this page Uninstall Flash Player for Windows

and download an older version from this page( You are going to have to research and use google to determine which version is best for you) Archived Adobe Flash Player versions

You really should provide additional information such as browser as that is extremely important, as well as the operating system architecture ( use google )

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Carm01 for your answer and sorry to have been so vague in describing the problem.

I was talking about the ActiveX for IE11 under Windows 8.1

As you wrote in 2)  we just have to uninstall Windows update KB3132372  and refuse that update in the future.

I wish you a happy end of year and more for the next !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines