• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working installer for Flash Active X version 20.0.0.228? The one listed under archives doesn't seem to work.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The newest Flash update version 20.0.0.267 broke several different applications for different clients - Dentrix G5, ChiroTouch. I am trying to roll them back to Active X version 20.0.0.228 and the installer listed under archives doesn't appear to install for me.

Are there any standalone installers for this version? I need this asap! Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

I was able to get the Archived version to work, I had to run the Adobe Uninstaller first - uninstalling the previous version through Programs and Features didn't clean it up correctly it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need this version as well.  Running Dentrix G6 at 20 offices all having issues with 20.0.0.267.  Dentrix support told me to get 20.0.0.228 until adobe fixes the issue.  Tried to download .228 and it doesn't install.  Tells me to get the newest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also was getting the message that I was not installing the newest version when I was running the installer - I accidentally still had Internet Explorer window open in the background. Make sure that all Internet Explorer windows as well as Dentrix windows are fully closed out, run the Adobe Uninstall tool from here: Uninstall Flash Player for Windows and it should work. Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get the Archived version to work, I had to run the Adobe Uninstaller first - uninstalling the previous version through Programs and Features didn't clean it up correctly it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same issue. I am using Dentrix. But I keep getting the Error 1722 message from the Installer and i do not have anything opened?

HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I extracted the archived files, it gave me 4 different application installers and 2 DMG files. I ended up just using the flashplayer20_0d0_228_winax.exe installer instead of the msi. I used the flash player uninstaller first Uninstall Flash Player for Windows and then right clicked -> Run As Administrator on the winax.exe installer. No error 1722 at that point. Hope this method works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Orion's method is the correct method. Download the uninstaller as well as the zip file. Extract the zip file and close all Dentrix programs as well as Internet explorer. Run the uninstaller then the WinAX.exe to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines