Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A couple issues

Apr 04, 2008 Apr 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m about to release a WebHelp v. 6 help file company-wide, and there a couple issues that need to be ironed out before it’s released. I am not sure if the following issues are something that I should be fixing, or if our programmer or network administrator should be fixing. If anyone could please advise on the following, I’d appreciate it.

1. When in the program, and the user invokes the WebHelp file, two IE screens come up: the actual WebHelp file, and an additional window that is blank in the window, but the titlebar of the blank window reads the address of where the WebHelp file resides. For most of my testers, the blank window minimizes itself, but for others, the blank window is on top of the WebHelp window. Is there a way to get rid of this extra screen?

2. My WebHelp testers are unable to open WebHelp again after closing it; they hit F1 and nothing happens. They must close and re-open the program to invoke the help file again.

Thank you,
Danni

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 04, 2008 Apr 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you invoking the help?

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 07, 2008 Apr 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user will either click on the F1 key or selects the Contents option from the Help menu on the menubar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2008 Apr 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
and they get the same results no matter which way they access the help? Check out this link on Peter Grainge's site first and then if you are doing what is said here it is time to go to your developers and knock some heads together

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp