• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open book on Kobo (not authorized to ID message) and can't get files out of ADE (returned, deleted but they are still there and marked as new everytime I open it - but can't open as it says they are returned)

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This all started after I removed some items from my bookshelf. The library has them all marked as returned. But everytime I open ADE they pop back in there again. I have even deleted the download files from the computer harddrive and they still keep popping back in there.  There are multiple copies now as I downloaded the books again from the library.  It appears that when I transfer them to the Kobo and then Kobo tries to fulfill them - it seems to stop at 6% and the book shows up on Kobo but with a blank thumbnail.  Kobo says document is not authorized.  If I try to open the files that keep popping up in ADE - it says Error - unable to download - E_LIC_ALREADY-RETURNED.  I have deleted all the original files from the library from Kobo and computer. I have uninstalled and re-installed ADE - and the files even showed up in there after I did this.  I have deauthorized and reauthorized both my computer and Kobo with my Adobe ID.  I don't know what else to do, but I can't download and read any books from my library anymore

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you authorize Digital Edition and your reader with the same ADOBE ID as which has used with the first download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did check that too.  I deauthorized everything and then reauthorized it to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you the same problem when used a new eBook form the library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried with multiple books and the same thing kept happening.  I finally gave up and just made myself a new Adobe ID.  I have finally downloaded a book that I can read.  Not sure why I was having the issues. But abandoning that Adobe ID seems to have fixed my problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines