• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 4.03 will not open Overdrive library books on a Nook Simple Touch. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and even installed ADE 3.0. Nothing works. Operation on a newToshiba laptop running Windows 8.1.

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Nook Simple Touch with Glow Light and having been using it for Overdrive library books for well over a year without problems.  With ADE 4 and now 4.03, I cannot open borrowed library books.  I always get an error message on the Nook that states "This book has been returned.  Loan not on record."  I am running ADE on a new Toshiba SS55-B5280 laptop running Windows 8.1 with all updates current. The librarybooks are properly checked out and open on the Toshiba PC for reading without problem.  The do not, however, open on the Nook.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anyone is interested, I'll reply to my own post.  I tried everything that Adobe, Overdrive and B&N suggested.  None of it worked.  Finally, I did what a couple of people tried and uninstalled ADE 4.5 and installed ADE 3.0. An added benefit is that with ADE 3.0 you can still drag a book from ADE to your Nook instead of just right clicking and clicking the copy to Nook option which seems to be required by ADE 4+.  Finally, after months of frustration, the two Nook Simple Touches with Glowlight work fine with ADE.  The problem is that ADE 4+ is just not compatible with Nook 1.2.  A major screw-up by both and by Overdrive.  All are aware of the problem and not one of them has done anything to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2016 Jan 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tjanks.  I'm having same problem.  I will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines