Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Permissions - FUSTRATING

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evening All

I'm at the end of my tether with this problem on my Mac and can't seem to get an answer from Apple or Adobe on this subject. When I bought the mac it used to accept a flash player update no problem but recenty its started to come up with Not enough Permissions to write to disk. I'm an admin on the mac and this still doesn't seem to fix the issue.

I contacted apple and they deleted all existence of Flash Player and re-installed from new and this seemed to work. It was a long and laborious job and took hours whilst on the phone to apple support. And then cue and flash update in a couple of months down the line, I click update and the same error message comes back up, not enough permissions to write to disk.

I contact apple again but this time the technical advisor said that the advisor that i spoke to last time had no authority to do what she did and was not the correct procedure and it was an adobe issue and apple could not help any further - which was very unhelpfull to say the least.

As Flash player is needed to watch everything these days online, could someone give me some clarification on this subject as its getting extremly tedious at the moment that i cant watch online content on my Mac because of this error message. Ill attach a screenshot below.

Many Thanks

T

Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 17.14.56.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're an admin on the system and the uninstaller is unable to write/remove/overwrite a file, it's a good indication that the filesystem is corrupted.

It's always a wise idea before performing filesystem maintenance to ensure that you have a good working backup of any critical data on the system.  If you're regularly seeing disk corruption, it may be an early indicator that your hard disk is on the way out, which is also an excellent reason to make sure you have a good backup.

See the "Try Disk Utility" section for instructions on scanning for and repairing any filesystem issues:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203176

While you're there, choose Repair Filesystem Permissions (Verify will frequently return clean, but then Repair will still fix a bunch of problems).

At that point, uninstall Flash Player completely.

Uninstall Flash Player - Mac:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Download the latest installer from here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Reboot the machine, then immediately run the installer.  Actually reboot.  While it *shouldn't* be necessary under normal circumstances, it eliminates a number of potential problems, which helps to narrow the possible root-causes should it continue to fail.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done everything you suggested and still to no avail, still getting permission problems and will not let me install onto the disk.

Very, very frustrating. Anyone else have a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2015 Dec 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you're using an account with administrative rights?  You can check by going to System Preferences > Users and Groups.  If you're an admin, it should say Admin under your username.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2016 Jan 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the 'Still having problems' section.

If that doesn't work, we'll need install log files to troubleshoot further.  Please see the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?

For the offline installer we require the install.log and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log files

For the online installer (the one downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer) we require all 4 files (install.log, FlashPlayerInstallManager.log, Adobe_ADM.log, and Adobe_GDE.log) files.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like any mistakes in the process could bring devsststion and bigger problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines