• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot authorize PC

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2015 Dec 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found many similar topics on the forums, but they mostly seem to be very old and none have provided any useful solutions.

I have installed Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 on my PC running Windows 7. I previously had the same problem when running version 4.0.

I have no authorizations present on my computer. The Erase Authorization option under the Help menu (opened with CTRL + SHIFT + D) is grayed out. I have attempted to uninstall ADE, deleted the related registry key folder (Adept), disabled Windows Firewall and reinstalled. This has not helped.

When I choose Authorize Computer under the Help menu, the ebook vendor drop down menu only includes the option 'Adobe ID'. This is the first problem, as I'd prefer to use my OverDrive account.

If I leave Adobe ID selected and enter my credentials (which I've confirmed on the Adobe website), I get the following error message:

Connection Error

Digital Editions could not connect to the activation server. Please make sure you are connected to the Internet.

Obviously, I am connected to the Internet as I am able to post this topic. Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2015 Dec 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check you Firewall if she block the connection of Digital Edition. Also check if you time, date and timezone right set in Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, but as I wrote in my original post, I've already tried turning off Windows Firewall.

The timezone settings are also correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off sometimes not help. Better you add the program to the safe programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added ADE 4.5 to the list of programs allowed through my Windows Firewall. I did not see any change in the behaviour of ADE when I launched it.

I then tried uninstalling ADE 4.5 along with all other Adobe products. I cleared the registry of all keys related to Adobe and emptied the trash. I then reinstalled ADE 4.5 (with the program still in the list of allowed programs in Windows Firewall), launched and still no change.

I then tried creating a new Adobe ID and tried to authorize with that account. Same error message:

Connection Error

Digital Editions could not connect to the activation server. Please make sure you are connected to the Internet.

Besides ADE itself, are there any other programs I should allow through the Firewall that get used by ADE? Where is this activation server? Is there any way to verify if it is actually up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you any other security program instilled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2016 Jan 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only other security I have is Microsoft Security Essentials. I tried turning off the real-time scanning, but that didn't make a difference either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better you add Digital Edition as sure program and then try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and followed these directions and still not working. Any other suggestion? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you used any other security program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I added ADE to the list of exceptions in Microsoft Security Essentials. There was no change in the behaviour of ADE when I launched it. I uninstalled it, cleared the registry keys, rebooted and reinstalled ADE. When I launched it, there was still no change.

At this point, I'm ready to give up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has you any other Securty Programs installed? Has you any entry in you host file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines