• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sudden "couldn't load plugin" for all flash features in chrome, including Twitch and flash-based games.

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently upgraded to Win10, and I was using chrome pretty alright for a while, without any issues, however from one day to another i'm having "couldn't load plugin" in any flash-related programs/websites on Google Chrome.

Chrome ver: 45.0.2454.46 beta-m (64-bit)

Flash ver: 19.0.0 (however my folder says it's the 18.0.0.209 version).

I'm at a loss, tried disabling it, running chrome as admin, it's so sudden, i don't know what to do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue all of the sudden.  I went through all the steps in chrome.  Disabled/Enabled Plugin, Updated plugin via chrome://components, uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and rebooted the system, but still did not resolve my issue.

My Fix is below in case it helps anyone else.  It seems for some reason the content in the PepperFlash folder was somehow corrupt.

Opened chrome and browsed to chrome://plugins

Located path to the flash player plugin and delete the "PepperFlash" Folder (You can rename.old if you don't want to deleted)

Rebooted and relaunched a flash site and this was now working again.

Adobe Flash Player - Version: 19.0.0.226

Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0

Name: Shockwave Flash

Description: Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0

Version: 19.0.0.226

Location: C:\Folder\Path\PepperFlash\19.0.0.226\pepflashplayer.dll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Chrome recently updated the version of Flash Player in Chrome and blocked the older insecure version. 

My guess is that updating Chrome would have fixed it, or simply rebooting (which forces the issue of making you exit and restart Chrome).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at all. I went as far as removing chrome, rebooting and reinstall the

latest version and made sure the flash plugin was also the latest version.

What I though above seems to have been a lucky fix as the issue has come up

again. The next thing I am going to do will be to delete and create a new

user profile since it seems to work fine for other accounts.

Ricano

Sent from my Mobile phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm.  Chrome pushed an updated Flash Player out last week and blocked older versions.  I was thinking that you were seeing the blocked older version until exiting Chrome.

When I run into mysterious Flash problems in Chrome, I usually get it resolved with a fresh install of the browser, although that's not necessarily convenient....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I actually have the same problem. But I don't know what user name I have to put in the address to get to the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread was started in 2015.  I'm pretty sure that the reason you're seeing these symptoms now is completely different than the reason why the original posters encountered it.

Google has recently made changes to Chrome (Prefer HTML By Default), which effectively limits when Flash content is allowed to run.  Chrome calculates something called a "Content Engagement Score", and the more you use a site, the more likely Flash Player is allowed to run.  The bar for the required engagement score will change over time.

If you would simply like to allow Flash Player to run, go to:

Menu > Settings > Advanced Settings > Privacy > Content Settings > Flash, and choose Allow Sites To Run Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2016 Jan 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried ALL the official advises about re-installing, changing DNS, flash enable/disable etc...but the only thing that worked is your method man !!!

Thank you soooo much !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

waited a bit to upgrade to win10, hoping that a lot of the bugs would be worked out, and of course this is an irritating one that i could not resolve until i found your suggestion.  worked like a charm!  thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines