• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Content/Index/Search Tabs in CHM

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2008 Apr 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm working with Robo Help 7 and have a question about creating .CHM files.

After adding topics, creating a browse sequence, and generating a Primary Layout, all I see in the left-hand pane of the compiled project is the Search function.

There are two boxes. One says Type in the Keyword to Find, and underneath that, Select Topic to Display.

I'd like to know how, if possible, I can add a Contents and Index tab there. Does Robo Help 7 support a .CHM file with a Content/Index/Search tab set? If it does, then what procedure do I follow to incorporate them?

Thank you.

Jd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2008 Apr 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It certainly does.

I have to ask, you have created a TOC and Index?

Are they selected in the first page of the wizard?

Is "TOC and Index" selected in the Window Properties?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created an index, but not a TOC.

As for a wizard...what wizard are you referring to?

And where is the Windows Properties you're referring to?

Maybe I need to study this program a bit more, before actually trying to use it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes maybe!

First make sure Microsoft HTML is set as the default in single source layouts.

Then look in Project Setup and double click the Window to see the Properties. You might need to create a new window if your default layout was not Microsoft HTML.

Make sure you put at least one entry in the TOC.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Properties has TOC & Index checked. There now is a Contents tab, but no Index tab.

Just Contents and Search.

I manually added items to the Index, so there should be an Index tab...shouldn't there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Look in File | Project Settings. Where are the index entries saved? You must have at least one entry in the HHK file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp