• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use cfdocument to convert a Word doc on demand?

Participant ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document library of hundreds of Word docs.  Due to a third party extension that we are using to create these Word docs, it can take a long time to open them.  I know, ditch the third party app - if only it were that simple.

Anyhow, one feature we have is in the footer of the document it let's people know the document is only valid for the date printed and it shows the date.  This way each time it's opened, it has the current date.

Can I have cf9 convert these on click?  I have a table of contents that displays the files.

<a href="sops/#sops_title_pk#.#Trim(SOPs_title_ext)#" target="_blank">#Trim(Sections.SOPs_manual_prefix)#.#SOPs_title_section#.#SOPs_title_number#.#SOPs_title_revision#</a>

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cfdocument is for creating PDF or Flashpaper documents, not Word docs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I was unclear, I use cfdocument a lot to create pdf's from the database.

I have a lot of Word docs, I'd like those converted to pdf's when the user clicks a link referencing the Word doc.  Right now, it opens the Word doc, but as I mentioned, we have a third party app installed that is making our Word difficult to work with.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you can use cfdocument to convert a word doc to a pdf, something like this:

<cfdocument format="pdf" srcfile="C:\word.doc" filename="C:\new.pdf"></cfdocument>

It does require that the OpenOffice integration is setup on your server (CF9+)

Adobe ColdFusion 10 * Using cfdocument

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation