• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eraser Preferences Gone in Flash CC

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the amount of time I've had Flash on my computer I've never been able to change the size of my eraser. Changing the size of the brush tool never helped either. I'm unsure about how to find my preferences for my eraser, even after playing around with settings to see what works. Here's a screenshot of what I see:

help.png

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Your screen isn't tall enough to show the erase shape option button. Grab the division between Properties and the Tools, and drag left to give the tools more space. It will become two or more columns, and you should easily find the Shape button.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread moved from the RoboHelp FlashHelp forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen isn't tall enough to show the erase shape option button. Grab the division between Properties and the Tools, and drag left to give the tools more space. It will become two or more columns, and you should easily find the Shape button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue & this solution is not fixing it. I've provided enough space however the eraser size is not showing up. Is there an update to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your tools in two columns or only one? Can you show a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply! This is the arrangement it's presently in. I've tried resizing and rearranging it, but I can't seem to get the eraser settings back.

Screen.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible you're remembering an eraser size from another program? The rightmost icon, the dot, is Eraser Shape. That's where you choose the size as well as the shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank you! I wasn't aware I could change the eraser size that way!

I'm pretty sure that changing the eraser size was the same as changing the brush size (by manually typing in a size value) however you've got me second guessing myself. I may be confusing it with Photoshop as they look similar, but I only began having eraser size issues in Animate when I made the adjustment: Windows>Workspaces>Animator.

However I'm not so sure anymore. Apologies if I am confusing it with Photoshop & thank you so much for your help! You've provided a solution to me & I appreciate it! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the worst kind of solution. Are you telling us that the screen of my laptop is not able to display such a common feature properly. I am unable to find it and this is just ridiculous. Please tell me the keyboard shortcut for eraser in mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key to select the eraser is e. But then the eraser tool is only the 11th one in a single column Tools palette, you're unlikely to have such a small screen that you only see the top 10 tools.

Getting at the eraser size option isn't that needed too often, because you can erase more or less content by zooming in or out. But there are other tools that have useful options near the bottom. Living with two columns or two rows of tools isn't that much of a hardship, if it then gives you easy access to the tool options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try pressing this button [] (square brackets buttons) it works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Theres a circle at the bottom and if u do {} then it will show

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines