• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code E_ADEPT_UNKNOWN

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Digital Editions I am unable to download books. I keep getting the error code E_ADEPT_UNKNOWN. I have tried downloading using Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Does anyone have a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get you the error when try to open the eBook or Download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot download the book.It looks as if it is in my Adobe Digital Editions account, but when I click to open on my computer it says "unable to download. Licence service communication problem".

I tried to transfer the supposedly downloaded book to my eReader, and when I click on it it says "Oops! This document couldn't be opened.. protected by ADRM".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you used Windows or Macintosh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor.
  11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the problem yesterday  myself by unauthorizing ADE from my desktop computer (which runs Windows 7), uninstalling ADE, and installing it on my laptop, which runs WIndows 8.1. I had no problems downloading my books on the laptop. After spending at least 10 hours on this problem I am not going to load ADE on my desktop computer again and try your fix - this has been way too frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The error seems only on the Desktop device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines