• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm on a mac using safari. I've downloaded adobe flash. It will not install. Can you help?

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a mac using safari. I've downloaded adobe flash. It will not install. Can you help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What does 'it will not install' mean?  What is the exact behaviour? Is there an error message?  If so, post a screenshot (see How to post a screenshot in the forum‌) of the error. Also, what version of OS X are you using?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering

I'm on OS X el captain

After the install is finished the message is

Adobe flash player could not be installed you can troubleshoot from the following resources:

Then it says start over

Marla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also-- it doesn't really finish it says installation failed

Marla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mookie427,

I'll need some install files to troubleshoot further. Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? and provide all 4 files (install.log, FlashPlayerInstallManager.log, Adobe_ADM.log, and Adobe_GDE.log) listed.  Please read through the FAQ before doing anything.  Ideally the log files submitted should be from the same installation attempt and setting up the system correctly before running the installer reduces the chance of having to repeat the process.  Once the files have been obtained, upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions at How to share a document or upload them using a file sharing service of your choice.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

@roberts94465514

Please try renaming the file to AdobeFlashPlayer_20_a_install.dmg (remove -2 from the file name).  If that doesn't work, please provide the install log files as I requested from the OP.  Posting a screenshot of the installer dialog window is also helpful.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry I really don't understand what you are saying I should do.

Marla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to obtain log files from you to investigate further.  The FAQ I link to has instructions to obtain the log files.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that... Got up to part after I marked the install file then tried to install and it failed. Can I speak to someone live?

Marla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm sorry, Adobe doesn't provide phone support for Flash Player.

Please try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the 'Still having problems' section.  If that doesn't work, I'll need to get the install.log and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file from you to troubleshoot further.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing says that on that page

Marla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please scroll down to the bottom of the page, to this section:

Capture.JPG

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same issue. The application stops responding at step 2. It never gets to asking me to type in PW to allow modification.

Macbook Pro using El Capitan 10.11.2

Trying to install file:///Users/robertstone/Downloads/AdobeFlashPlayer_20_a_install-2.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines