• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot find the redact tool in Acrobat XI Pro

Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to redact certain text on a bank statement I downloaded as pdf.

I clicked on Adobe Acrobat XI Pro Help in the Help menu and searched for 'redact' and found an article titled 'Removing sensitive content from PDFs in Adobe Acrobat DC'.

Under the heading 'Redact sensitive content (Acrobat Pro DC)' it says:

1. Choose Tools > Redact.

I cannot find the Tools menu.  I only have the following menus:

File

Edit

View

Window

Help

I also do not know what Acrobat Pro DC is but that was all that I could find in the help.

Please advise how to redact text in Acrobat XI Pro.

Version: 11.0.12

System: Windows PC 64 bit

thanks

Bill.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Thanks.  I did not have the tools tab:

Capture.PNG

But I found out that if I select the Customize drop down and set it to defaults then the tools menu reappears.  It must have been changed to 'Comment & Markup' previously which does not include the Tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tools is a panel on the right-hand side of the application window, not in the menu bar. You can open it by clicking the "Tools" button in the top right-hand side. And the Redaction tools are located under the Protection sub-panel of Tools, not under Redact.

Snap1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I did not have the tools tab:

Capture.PNG

But I found out that if I select the Customize drop down and set it to defaults then the tools menu reappears.  It must have been changed to 'Comment & Markup' previously which does not include the Tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone customized the tools panel and changed its name, which is quite

confusing since there's already a Comment panel... Anyway, you found the

correct solution to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find Redact tool? Can someone please advise?

acrobat.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it say under Help - About Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, you should install all available updates.

Also, this tool is only available in the Pro version of Acrobat, and it seems you have the Standard version.

If you want to create and apply redactions in your version you can do it using this tool I've developed: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Convert Comments To Redactions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't have Adobe Acrobat Pro - there is no "Pro" as part of the product name (both in the title bar of the Acrobat window, but also not on the About screen). Redaction is a Pro only feature.

Also, you are running a completely out of date version of Acrobat XI - 11.0.0 was the first version released back when it was brand new. Go to Acrobat's "Help" menu and select Check for Updates and then install the updates up to the latest version. Also, support for Acrobat (and Reader XI) just ended (see here for more information: Adobe Acrobat XI and Adobe Reader XI End of Support | Adobe Document Cloud ​)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines