Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Couldn't Load Plug-in - Tried everything suggested

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't load plug-in:

I had this problem occur earlier today, I've tried everything that has been suggested, but no luck whatsoever. Here's what I've tried, hopefully someone can help me (apart from say use Firefox).

plugin.png

Tried:

1.) Uninstalling & installing again - Still the same

2.) Installing flash player 18 - Still the same

3.) I checked my chrome directory for the pepperflash file so I can change it's name which apparently fixes it. Nothing in said directory:

C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash

4.) Uninstalling Chrome and installing again (However not getting rid of the add-ons/extensions etc.)

5.) Checking the application directory instead, nothing inside it either:

C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\<string of number>

6.) Smashing my head on the keyboard because I'm frustrated - Now my head hurts.

There's nothing more being said on any forums about this, so I hope someone can help on here instead.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

I have just had this problem too, I did a clean install of win10 and it just happened to me. I just fixed it by un-installing chrome, restarting and then re-installed it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Chrome as my main browser (on windows) and I haven't seen this before.  Can you try temporarily disabling all of your add-ons/extensions to see if that makes a difference?  If you navigate to chrome://flash/ what is displayed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabled all my add-ons & extentions, said I needed flash to watch the video (obviously). Leaving flash enabled still gave me the couldn't load plugin error.

As for the flash page, this is what is displayed:

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unistall Chrome then restart PC then reinstall chrome! If you dont restart after uninstall it will not work! So restart is compulsory! It worked for me hope it helps you too!

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this issue. It is occurring on two stations (PC and laptop). Tried uninstalling flash + uninstalling chrome + delete chrome user data + restart + install chrome -> works for maybe 30 minutes but then the "pluggin couldnt load" message returns. Tried this several times. Every time it works for a bit and then the bug resumes. Must be something with the recent update.

Same case for using on Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue has been reported several times and I'm unsure what causes. Unfortunately, we've not been able to reproduce.  From searching the web there isn't any one single fix for this as a solution that works for someone may not work for someone else.  Some suggestions users have reported as fixing their problem is:

1. Complete uninstall and re-install of Chrome, rebooting the system after uninstall and again after install
  2. See the first reply to this disucssion Sudden "couldn't load plugin" for all flash features in chrome, including Twitch and flash-based gam...
  3. Check to see if there are multiple versions of Flash Player listed in chrome://plugins.  If so, disable one of them
  4. numerous suggestions here: Google Groups

Also, ensure you have the latest version installed.  This page lists the latest version for supported OS and browsers: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just had this problem too, I did a clean install of win10 and it just happened to me. I just fixed it by un-installing chrome, restarting and then re-installed it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found a solution !

I did all the things that have been suggested on this page, the only thing that worked with me is :

Go to chrome://plugins/ , then go to Adobe Flash Player, then put a tick on the checkbox that says : Always allowed to run

Restart chrome then rise and shine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines