• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to play some videos sent via e-mail. Have Windows 10. I uninstalled Flash thinking if I redownloaded then it would work. I uninstalled Flash but now can't get it to reinstall. System says it came with windows 10. Don't know what to do now??

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting e-mails containing a video but the video says flash unavailable when I try playing it.  Most videos play but some won't.  Tried updating Flash but got no where so I uninstalled Flash thinking I could reload it and maybe things would work.  Now, I can't download Flash because system says that Windows 10 comes with Flash.  I have Windows but now no Flash.  How can I get it to download into my system again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't provide a standalone installer to re-install the embedded Flash Player for IE on Windows 8 and above and Edge on Windows 10 and above.  You can try one of the following options to repair the deleted Flash Player from your system:

• Run System File Checker to repair files/permissions: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833
  • Find a previous Flash Player Update for IE/Edge KB article and run the installer.  See Microsoft Security Advisory 2755801 for links to KB articles for previous version of Flash Player updates for IE/Edge which contain links to download the updates.
    • You may need to do this several times until you find one that works, that is if you find one that works.

If these options do not fix the problem, please contact Microsoft customer support or their community forums.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines