• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can i get help with ADE? I need help with a person to trouble shoot

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already typed out my issue so many times with Adobe, overdrive, kobo etc.  just now I was chatting on adobe with a help person for 45 mi who then said they couldn't help!  I will attach transcript once it comes through as I can't type out my situation any more.  I just need help now with a real person

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not staff but i can try to help. Which error message you get exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This is quite a long process - I've been working on this since I got the damned kobo at christmas.  I'll start at the beginning. 

My problem started with a defective kobo cord. When i first got the kobo, I tried connecting to my mac (Mac OS X 10.7.5). My mac kept shutting down so I tried the first kobo on my mum's pc. That didn't work but when I borrowed with a different cord I could get the kobo to connect. I downloaded and authorized adobe ADE 4.5 on my mum's computer (perhaps my first mistake). I still couldn't get it to work though - at that point I didn't realize i needed overdrive. Then I returned the initial kobo and got a new one with a functional cord. I've now deauthorized and deinstalled ADE 4.5 on my mum's computer.  I authorized my computer and kobo with ADE 4.5. I also created an overdrive account.  That still didn't work - the error message I had when I tried to open a book was something to  like 'you don't have permission to copy this item'. 

Since then I've tried authorizing and deauthorizing many times with ADE 4.5.

At the suggestion of someone at KOBO I am now using ADE 3.0. At this point I can see the book I want from the library on my kobo file (the book shows up in my finder under kobo as well as in the kobo bookshelf in ADE 3.0). But when I try to open the book in ADE 3.0 i get this error message: Activation server error code E_ADEPT_INTERNAL. and underneath it says: Digital editions encountered an error on the activation server.  THe book doesn't show up on the actual kobo device. 

Thanks for trying to help with this!

Anna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should add - what I am trying to do is borrow books from the Toronto Public Library.  I am able to download those from the library and they show up in the ADE borrowed list (and when I drag and drop, in my kobo list in ADE).  But I can't open the darned things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines