• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I receive the Oops This document could not be opened ... due to Digital Rights Managemen, and not authorized with my Adobe ID. I have a Kobo GLO and recently had to get a new hard drive.. I have got this message ever since I got the new hard drive. Is

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to download and upload books to my eReader when I had my old hard drive.  It crashed a couple of months ago, and ever since I replaced it, I have received this Digital Rights Management message.  I have un-installed and re-installed Digital Editions, did a factory reset on the Kobo, and still getting this message.

I've authorized and de-authorized the Digital Editions and the eReader many, many times, and still I get this message.

I am able to put books on the eReader, and on the device, the titles come up with black book covers. Its when I click on the cover I get the message.

I don't know if Digital Rights Management is somehow linked to a serial number on a hard drive or operating system serial number?

Not sure what else to do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can open the eBooks on Digital Edition the Adobe ID und the eBooks are fine.
Have you authoirze the Reader with the same Adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes I did.  In Digital Editions I clicked on the eReader device, then in the options, clicked on Authorize Device.  The email address and checksum / unique code is the same.

Both things are authorized. There is nothing that I can see that's wrong.

Even re-downloaded the books again from the library after authorizing, and the issue is still happening.

Does the public library save any information on my account?  I'm think that because it did not the first time, it won't work for the duration of the book rental term.\

I've retried all the steps from the very beginning,, as it was the day I bought it (factory reset so the device is like new, re-installed the Kobo Desktop, re-installed Digital Editions, authorized the computer and eReader, and downloaded some books).  It still happened.

I may have to wait until the books are returned to the library to try this again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normal was linked the eBook with you Adobe ID for the 14 days.

Get you the same error when you try to open the eBook in Digital Edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can read the book in Digital Editions on my computer.  Its only on the eReader itself that I receive that Digital Rights message.  On the computer in Digital Editions, it is fine and works.

Only on the eReader device that this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In this case try reset the Reader (before save ebooks) and authorize again with your Adobe ID. Then move again the eBook to reader and try to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines